There are three main causes of a herpes outbreak. They are friction during sexual contact, direct impact of ultra violet rays of the sun and going through extreme stress for the outbreak to recur.
How Can You Prevent the Herpes Outbreaks?
Outbreaks of genital or oral herpes may vary from one person to another. They are not the same for all. There are some things that you have to pay special attention to in order to avoid and prevent herpes outbreaks.
- Friction at the time of sexual intercourse – For some people, the friction during the act of sex may irritate their skin and activate the symptoms of the virus once again. It can trigger the sores to break out again. Use of a latex condom and water-based lubricant may help in reducing the irritation. When there is not much of friction when you have sex, it may not trigger an outbreak.
- Ultra-violet rays of the sun may trigger a herpes virus outbreak for some people. You have to consciously avoid those sun beds that give the ultra-violet rays of the sunlight directly on to your skin and your previously infected areas.
- Hormonal changes, particularly which take place in women during severe menstruation cycles, can bring on a genital herpes outbreak. There is not much a woman can do to curb her menstruation cycle. She can only take a physician’s help to keep the cycles in check through necessary medication.
- Trauma or surgery may also make the symptoms of herpes virus to appear.
- Extreme stress may trigger an outbreak in very much the same way as too much worrying can bring about allergies and rashes on the skin.
- Excessive smoking or drinking of alcohol may cause an outbreak.
- Wearing tight clothing and using irritable material for underwear such as Lycra or nylon may irritate and trigger an outbreak of the herpes virus.
To prevent a herpes outbreak, you will have to:
- Avoid stress, friction during sex and try to stay healthy.
- Condition yourself to get enough sleep and take proper rest during the day to avoid stress and stay healthy.
- Balance your diet and involve essential nutrients which are needed by your body.
- Cut down on tobacco, caffeine and alcohol intake.
- Staying fit and exercising regularly will help relieve stress.
- Do whatever it is that makes you relax and enjoy your day.